The fact that rice is a very versatile ingredient is shared knowledge, since everybody knows it can be eaten boiled, baked or fried, and you can combine it with several ingredients.
But, have you ever eaten arroz chaufa? If you haven’t, you are going to fall in love with it when you try it.
First things first
What is arroz chaufa? It is a dish that results from the fusion between Chinese and Peruvian cuisines. Nothing can ever go wrong! It consists of fried rice and it really tastes amazingly well!
As it has happened with many dishes and recipes worldwide, arroz chaufa was created when Chinese immigrants arrived in Peru.
That is where its name comes from. Chaufa comes from the Chinese word chaufan, and it means “fried”. So, fried dishes can be referred to as chaufas in Peru.
There are different types of chaufas, such as chicken chaufa, vegetables chaufa, rice chaufa, among others.
Getting things done
If you feel tempted to try this delicious meal at home, I have the perfect recipe for you. You are going to learn how to prepare the true arroz chaufa to pamper your friends and family in a very easy way.
What you are going to need
- 1 cup of white rice.
- 1 ½ tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- 3 small eggs.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs.
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
- 1 small red bell pepper.
- 1 small onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- ¼ cup of green onions.
- ⅛ cup of soy sauce.
- 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin.
- ¼ tsp. of sugar.
Step by step
- Firstly, take a saucepan and cook the rice according to package directions. Leave it aside.
- Then, heat half of the oil in another pan over medium heat. Cook the eggs for about 5 minutes while you stir. Once they are scrambled, transfer them to a plate.
- After that, clean the pan quickly and heat the rest of the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook it for about 10 minutes, remove it from the pan and leave it aside.
- The next step is to add the bell pepper, the onion, the garlic and a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook everything for about 10 minutes and add the green onions.
- Finally, mix the soy sauce, the sesame oil, the cumin and the sugar. Add the cooked rice, the chicken and the soy sauce mixture to a pan. Cook everything for about 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Stir in the scrambled eggs and enjoy!
- You can sprinkle the dish with some more chopped green onions to decorate it and to add some additional touch.
- If you love spicy food, you should add a touch of aji amarillo. It will make a huge difference!
Click here – Trying Out The Online Aptitude Test
Didn’t you love it? It is a straightforward and tasty recipe that will make you look great in front of your guests!
If you give it a thought, you are going to notice that this dish is made of very common ingredients that you surely have at hand, but if you combine them well, they will result in a gourmet meal. It is so practical!
Quick, delicious and inexpensive. That is the best definition of this recipe. If you think I am exaggerating a little bit, check your kitchen to see if you have these ingredients. I bet you have most of them waiting for you to use them!
What’s more, you can serve this meal as a side dish or as a main course with your favorite type of meat or salad. It matches everything and also every time of the day! You won’t regret making it.